I joined the Daily Bruin as an Arts & Entertainment Contributor during my first quarter at UCLA. I soon became a weekly A&E columnist with my column “Urban Confections” about desserts in Los Angeles. My second year, I was selected as the Lifestyle Editor, pitching 200 articles, assigning writers and editing the stories for the daily college paper.
Last year, I was the top Arts & Entertainment editor, overseeing three or four daily articles in the beats of Lifestyle, Theater, Film, Television, Music and Arts. I recruited, hired and trained 50 writers, oversaw three assistant editors and supervised longterm projects on the Academy Awards, poor conditions for UCLA dance teams, UCLA’s lack of a comedy program, political murals in Los Angeles and more. In my final year at UCLA, I was the Content Editor of the arts magazine called prime, editing and managing all the written content.
- Coachella 2017
- Grad student redirects passion toward film after finishing med school
- A Wild Home
- Theater review: ‘Waitress’
- That’s a Wrap Podcast Series (Episode 1)
- Movie Review: ‘Beauty and the Beast’
- Two UCLA alumni headline as Kristoff in live production of ‘Frozen’
- UCLA alumna Ari Afsar lands role in Chicago production of ‘Hamilton’
- UCLA medical centers prepare for End of Life Option Act
- Norwegian DJ Matoma announced as Bruin Bash 2016 opening act